How technology is gradually changing lives

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Ivor and Ghosts of the Caribbean

About 10 years ago I got involved in an on-line game called StockGeneration (SG.) The game's owners made some heavy promises of up to 40% a month return on investment. They boasted a gaming license from the Caribbean island of Dominica.

The game was a Ponzi scheme as we confirmed afterwards but I made a little money from it and a lot of on-line friends through being a moderator on the primary independent Delphi forum set up by an earlier player. The forum moderators, especially a guy called Renko, tried to expedite payment in the dying days by talking to a man called Ivor at SG and in fact we managed to help in some cases until the money well dried up.

It was an interesting time and I think most of the players were pretty much internet virgins.

The reason I bring it up is that I came back to pick up blogging here and lo and below, I have a comment in one of my posts from Ivor. He was just making contact with some of the people from the old days to let us know know he is running a new game. I don't know if I'll join - it requires more time than I have to keep up with the intricacies of the game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home